Senior Data Warehouse Engineer - London UK
July 06, 2017
We are Flexion. We help developers monetize their games and apps. We have 600+ million consumers, monetize thousands of mobile apps and work with some of the biggest names in mobile.
Our business is expanding rapidly and with an exciting product roadmap in development we are now on the hunt for a passionate and experienced Data Warehouse engineer to come and join our development team in central London.
If you want to make a real impact in the mobile tech industry, Flexion is the place for you.
Flexion Mobile at Stack Overflow
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a senior Data Warehouse engineer at Flexion you will be working closely with the CTO and a team of experienced Java developers in a fast-paced Agile environment to extend Flexion's reporting and data analytics capabilities. You will have the opportunity to define and shape Flexion's data capabilities and strategy.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, develop and deliver efficient data warehouse and reporting solutions
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability
- Create highly scalable solutions
- Work with CTO to define and deliver data warehouse roadmap and strategy
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years experience as Software Development engineer
- Working knowledge of Java and J2EE
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse design techniques e.g. Kimball, star schema
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (preferably MySQL) and database schema design experience
- Experience with ETL tools e.g. Talend, Kettle, CloverETL
- Experience with SCM tools, preferably Git
- Demonstrated ability to provide the business with their information needs
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and associated command line and shell scripting tools
- Ability to work in an Agile culture
- Any experience with big data platforms, e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark
- Any experience with Android app development/deployment
- Any experience with Data Mining or Machine Learning
ABOUT YOU – EDUCATION
Educated to degree level in computer science or related discipline, or relevant experience in the field
Flexion’s products are used by our customers on a 24/7 basis by global end-users and whilst the job is essentially a 9-6 role, you will need to be able to work flexibly to support our business.
Send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply to successful applicants within one week of receiving your CV. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application. We will not respond to any recruitment agencies.