Through the Gamesmondo project, Flexion addresses the technical and commercial fragmentation, making distribution to non-google channels profitable for developers. Gamesmondo combines technical enabling and service provisioning with pre-arranged distribution through Flexion’s commercial relationships with distribution channels. Developers get a consolidated route to a fragmented ecosystem through a single distribution partner. The project drives the creation of an open market.
Flexion’s patent pending enabling technology adds, removes or replaces features in existing games. The games become compliant with the technical and commercial requirements of other distribution channels. The process is automated, does not require access to the game’s source and involves no work for developers. Flexion’s service platform manages aspects such as integration of 3rd party payments and features, in-application purchase and user license management. The technical enabling is combined with pre-arranged distribution through Flexion’s network of distribution channels. Flexion manages relationships with stores, undertakes retailing and promotion and manages revenue conciliation and payment to developers.
The grant provided serves to drive progress in four main areas:
1. Recruitment and management of additional game developers
2. Recruitment and management of additional distribution channels.
3. Development of features which a) drive additional monetisation, b) facilitate self-service enabling for developers and distribution channels and c) ensure platform scalability and technology readiness evolution.
4. IP protection
This is manifested in 6 overall objectives:
1. Create the foundations for the open market with a core network of users, affiliates and payment providers.
2. Show the viability of the open market by building a catalogue of freemium games, optimising its performance.
3. Create a core feature set which can scale to support many affiliates and developers.
4. Drive user value and engagement by developing and enhancing novel Gamesmondo distribution and monetisation features.
5. Refine and deliver IP, marketing and commercialisation strategies.6. Make the open market available to any developer or affiliate through creation of tools and features to allow partners to be fully self-served.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 719084